How to Disable Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus & S9 / S9 Plus
Probably one of the hottest phone to date, the S8 and S8 plus is a phone definitely to grasp. It includes the Bixby features which makes people’s lives more convenient. However, it could slow down your phone, and it could drain your battery faster than you think.
We will show you a couple of way on how to disable your Bixby – just follow these easy steps!
How to Disable Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus & S9 / S9 Plus:
Method 1: Using The Home Button
We are going to take a simple procedure while your S8 and S8 Plus is on.
- Hold down the home screen for a few seconds.
- Swipe to the left, and press to turn off Bixby
- Simply go back to the home screen, and you have disabled Bixby.
Method 2 : Total Disable
Well if you are not really a fan of voice commands, you can go ahead and do this method. Unless you set it up, you won’t be able to use Bixby.
- Go to The Settings menu
- Select Applications, and Choose All Applications.
- Tap Bixby Application.
- Select Disable, and there will be a pop-up message that states, “Disabling built-in apps may cause errors in other apps”, then just Proceed.
Mind you that some of your applications may not work properly after disabling Bixby since it is a built-in application. You can turn it back on anytime you want.