How To Fix Google Pixel And Pixel XL Overheating Issue [Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL]
Overheating isn’t something anyone wants to deal with, but it happens and there are a number of reasons why. The solution will likely depend on what the problem is.
How To Fix Google Pixel And Pixel XL Overheating Issue [Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL]:
A bug in a third-party app may be causing the problem. You can check this by rebooting your smartphone in safe mode. Hold down the Power button and tap and hold on Power Off until your smartphone says Reboot to Safe Mode. When it says that, tap Restart and it will enter in Safe Mode. If your smartphone’s no longer overheating, the problem is likely a third-party app.
Go to Settings>Battery to see what apps you are running and how much power they are using. If one seems to be using much more power than others, that app could be what’s causing your overheating. You can disable it by tapping on Force Stop. You may also consider deleting the app if it isn’t one you use often.
If that doesn’t work, try clearing the cache partition of the Google Pixel or Pixel XL. To do so, turn the phone off then press and hold power, volume up and home at the same time. The Google logo will appear with a blue recovery text. When you see this, it’s OK to let go.
Use the volume down button to scroll down to Wipe Cache Partition. Tap on Power to select it. After it’s done, use the volume buttons to highlight Reboot System Now and tap on Power to select it.
Always one of the last suggestions is restoring the phone to factory specifications. If you try this, first make sure to back up your data because it will wipe all information from your smartphone. Go to Settings>Backup & Reset to back up data and choose a backup app or service to back up other files.
Factory resetting does give a fresh start to your Pixel or Pixel XL. To factory reset it, go to your Android phone’s notification section and tap on the gear icon to find Settings. Go to Backup and Reset under User and Backup and tap on Factory Data Reset. If you are sure everything has been backed up, select Delete All and wait for your phone to reboot.
Even with reports of overheating, it’s been nowhere near what’s reported with the Note 7. Some of the issue may also be with charging, especially if fast charging the phone. This can cause the phone to heat up and is an inconvenience but not necessarily anything that will damage the phone.
If you continue to have serious problems with overheating with your Google Pixel or Pixel XL, visit your phone carrier and seek a replacement.
- Google Pixel XL Cases
- Google Pixel & Pixel XL Accessories
- Fix Google Play Store Error: 944, 941, 919, 403, 491, 481, 911, DF-BPA-09
- Best Marketplaces To Buy And Sell Domain Names
- How to fix “Unfortunately, Google play services has stopped”
- How to fix Sony Xperia XZ Bluetooth issues
Related Search Terms:
- why is my google pixel overheating so quickly
- google pixel phone overheating
- what to do if your google pixel overheats and wont turn on
- google pixel phone overheating while charging
- google pixel phone overheating and battery draining
- why is my google pixel overheating
- how to fix an overheated google pixel phone
- why does my google pixel phone get hot while charging
- How to stop your google pixel overheating
- How To Fix google pixel Overheating and Getting Hot Issue
- google pixel Heating Issues: Causes and How to Avoid
- How to Prevent Your google pixel Phone from Overheating