How to fix Microphone issue on google pixel [Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL]
The Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones are gaining in popularity as Google’s flagship phones. Users, however, are reporting issues with the microphone.
The microphone reportedly stops working without any notice. Sometimes it’s right off the bat and other times it’s after someone’s already used the phone for a while.
Reports are piling up on Reddit, including one user who set it up, tested the assistant by asking about the weather, and noticed the microphone didn’t detect he was saying anything.
The cause isn’t exactly known. That includes whether it’s an issue with software or hardware. Similar issues were reported with the Nexus 6P in 2015. The problem that time was connected to the smartphone’s noise cancellation feature.
How to fix Microphone issue on google pixel [Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL]:
Turn speakerphone on and off
One reported fix involves the speakerphone. Users suggest calling your voicemail and, during the call, turning your speakerphone on and off. That sometimes seems to fix microphone issues.
Another quick fix suggested is to turn on an app that uses the microphone, returning to the home screen, then going back into the app.
If neither of these work, you may want to try a factory reset.
Factory reset your phone
Before seeking a replacement, it’s often suggested to perform a factory reset. A factory reset restores your phone to how it was when you bought it. The catch to remember is it erases your data. It’s always smart to back up your data before performing a factory reset so you can restore it afterwards.
Here is how to factory reset your Pixel or Pixel XL.
Step 1: Open Settings.
Step 2: Go under Personal and tap on Backup & Reset.
Step 3: Tap Factory Data Reset then tap Reset Phone.
Step 4: Enter your pattern, PIN or password if you have a screen lock.
Step 5: Wait for the prompt then tap Erase Everything.
Step 6: Tap reboot your device once the process is complete.
Step 7. Restore your data. You can find more information on how to restore your data in Google’s phone help section.
Seek a replacement phone
Google has stated that it will offer replacement phones to customers struggling with the microphone. There are reports that Google is quickly sending replacement phones out to customers with issues, while others are saying on the Reddit thread that it’s taking longer.
You may be able to get a replacement if your phone is covered by warranty. You can also seek a technician who may try to fix the problem.
Google offers around the clock support online. You just have to open your settings app and tap on the Support tab. More information is available on its phone help site online.
Contact Google or your phone carrier to request a replacement phone. Find more information about warranties via Google’s online Hardware Warranty Center.
If you try the above fixes and none of them work, seeking a replacement phone may be the best idea.
Related Search Terms:
- google pixel microphone issue
- pixel xl microphone location
- google pixel microphone location
- google pixel xl microphone issues
- pixel phone problems
- fix google pixel microphone
- google pixel microphone problems
- how to google pixel xl microphone problem
- Best offline Android Apps to use / play without Internet Connection
- My iPhone is connected to wifi but no internet access
- Best iPhone X Screen Protectors:
- Best iPhone X Tempered Glass Screen Protectors
- Best iPhone X Cases
- Best iPhone 8 Wallet Cases
- Best Sony Xperia XA1 Screen Protectors
- Best YouTube alternative Apps for iPhone
- Best Video Downloader Apps for Android Phones
- How to stop apps from automatically downloading on android phones
- Best iPhone 8 Micro SD Cards
- Best Marketplaces To Buy And Sell Domain Names
- Best iPhone 8 Kickstand Cases
- Best GPS Tracking Watches for Kids
- Best Battery Cases for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Best Android Apps to make free calls on Android Phones
- Best iPhone 8 Bumper Cases
- Best iPhone 8 Cases
- Best Charging Docks for Apple Watch Series 2
- Best iPhone 8 Screen Protectors
- How to Fix iTunes Syncing Errors on iPhone