How to Open PDF in iBooks on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
The iBooks app, pre-installed on iOS 8 and later, lets users view, sync, save, share and print PDFs on their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. The software lets them sync PDF documents to their computer from iBooks in iOS and iTunes 10.1 or later. They can also view PDF email attachments from Safari in the app.
How to view a PDF email attachment
To use iBooks to open a PD attached to an email:
- Open the email with the PDF.
- Tap on the PDF attachment.
- Tap on the Share icon.
- Tap “Copy to iBooks.”
- Wait for the attachment to open in iBooks.
- The iBooks app will automatically save a copy of the PDF to your iBooks PDF shelf.
Users can add PDFs to their iTunes library by dragging and dropping the PDF t their iTunes book library. They will automatically sync to iOS devices via iTunes.
Here is information on how to sync manually.
Step 1: Select your Apple device.
Step 2: Go to Books under Settings.
Step 3: Tap on Sync Books.
Step 4: See if there is a check in the checkbox next to the PDF you want to sync, especially if iTunes is set to only sync books.
Step 5: Tap on Sync.
Email and print PDFs
Here is how you print and email PDFs in iBooks.
Step 1: Open iBooks.
Step 2: Tap on the menu at the top of the screen. The menu will depend on what you are looking for, such as Books, PDFs, or the name of a specific collection.
Step 3: Select PDFs from the pop-up menu and tap on the PDF you want to print or email.
Step 4: Click on the Share icon in the top menu bar.
Step 5: Tap print or email and proceed to either choose a printer or email whom you want.
Can’t open PDFs in iBooks?
Users occasionally report that they can’t open PDF files in iBooks. Opening a PDF in iBooks is supposed to be easy. You just tap “Open in iBooks” in the upper right corner of your screen.
These are some things to try if you have problems opening or saving files in iBooks.
- Make sure your iBooks app is up to date. Go to the App Store and tap on Updates.
- Press and hold your iPhone’s home and power buttons at the same time, waiting until the Apple logo appears, to reset your device.
- Close your iBooks app and restart it. Close it by clicking on the home button twice then tapping and holding on the app icon until it jiggles, and tap the minus sign to close it. Again try to open your PDF file.
- Completely remove the iBooks app and reinstall it. Tap and press on the iBooks app icon on the home screen until icons jiggle, then tap on the X in the corner of the app to remove it. Launch the app store, locate the iBooks app and re-install it.
Hopefully one of these steps lets you start using iBooks to open PDFs again.
Related Search Results:
- save pdf to ibooks on mac
- save pdf to ibooks on iphone
- copy to ibooks missing
- add pdf to ibooks iphone
- how to save pdf on iphone from email
- how to put pdf on ipad without itunes
- add pdf to itunes
- add pdf to ipad